Aine Belton, Guest Author
1. Acceptance ~ Take a moment to accept yourself, life and others just as you/it/they are.”
With acceptance comes peace. What’s more, as you accept yourself as you are, you more easily let go of what you’re not. Same goes for others.
It’s what you resist that persists, and judgment only compounds anything it judges.
Acceptance helps with letting go, puts you back in flow, makes you more open and free to be more of who you are, and brings positive transformation.
By acceptance I don’t mean turning a blind eye to, tolerating or putting up with something that feels inappropriate to you (see responsibility below for more on that). It can, however, be a great first step on any path of healing and change and the peace that comes through that.
2. Letting Go ~ Holding on to anything, be that a person, situation, an expectation of how things should be, the past, etc., can stand in the way of peace. Perhaps you fear letting go because of feared consequences around that, but what I suggest is:
In letting go you can only ever win; if something’s for your best it will come back, else something better will.”
Control, a lack of trust in yourself or faith in the unfoldment of life and events, may also hinder a natural letting go that can be part of any change in life – change that may be for your best whether you realize that at the time or not.
Things you can let go of for greater peace include negative beliefs and stories (about yourself, life or others), un-serving thoughts, feelings, attitudes, habits, behaviours, situations, grievances, and any painful pasts.
What can you let go of today for greater peace in your life? Perhaps it’s fear, guilt, anger, pain, shame, blame, judgment, etc. Letting go will create the space for a new birth in your life. One thing that helps with letting go is forgiveness, shared next.
3. Forgiveness ~ Forgiveness of self and others is like a mind-body-soul detox. It liberates you from toxic emotions and draining attachments. Forgiving yourself also helps resolve guilt, shame and feelings of undeserving that can otherwise block peace and happiness. Forgiveness returns you to love and truth, is an immensely powerful force for healing and transformation, and a beautiful gift to give yourself or another.
4. Suspend Judgment ~ Judgment will always stand in the way of peace. Judging others, or yourself, lowers your energy and separates you from love and joy. Having an opinion isn’t the same as being judgmental.
What you judge in another may be something you secretly judge in yourself that you have not yet owned and are projecting outwards, what you have yet forgiven in yourself or others, or of beliefs you hold – that you can change. Use judgment as a means to become more conscious of yourself and inner beliefs, stories, repressed aspects of self possibly, and hidden agendas.
The more you love and accept yourself, the less you will judge others or be affected by judgments of others and the more at peace you will be.
When you judge you project your shadows onto others, when you love you project your light.”
5. Trust ~ Trust is a great ally of peace, and a potent anti-dote to fear which so often stands in the way of peace.
Trust yourself and your power as a creator and that you have what it takes. Trust in a loving universe that is on your side. Trust the doors that are opening and the ones that are closing. Relinquish control and allow yourself to be carried along a river of trust and flow towards bright realities aligned to your highest purpose with grace and ease.
Trust that you are on a co-creative journey, that there is a bigger picture, and that there is love, help and guidance available to you in every moment. Trust that the universe wants you to have what you desire as much as you do. Trust that you are loved more than you know, more than you will ever know!
Life doesn’t have to be a struggle. You can have what you desire with belief, intention, positive expectation, knowing you deserve (which you always do) and a willingness to receive.
Trust brings a sense of peace, ease, faith and confidence, and lessens any desire to control or have things be a certain way. If there is an area of your life you are fearful or doubtful around, lean into trust, embrace it, and let it embrace and carry you.
You deserve the best, ever and always, whether you realise that or not. The universe wants the best for you in every moment. You are the only one who can stand in your way.
Have faith and hope in your heart. Hold bright visions of the future, make positive choices for yourself from that bright future, and commit to those through action.
6. Feel your Feelings ~ Harboring constricting emotions obviously blocks inner peace. You may need to get in touch with and release those feelings first. This may mean moving through repressed pain, hurt, rage, guilt, loss, etc. to the peace that awaits on the other side.
I’ve no doubt you’ve experienced that deep sense of calm that comes after a big emotional release. If you are trying to stuff emotions down, instead let them move through you, you won’t feel at peace. There are emotional release techniques of many different kinds are available these days – EFT, energy healing, the Release Technique and Sedona Method.
Simply feeling your feelings is a powerful way to release them!
Repressing emotions, trying to control them, being scared or judgmental of them, obviously disturbs peace. Honour your emotions and listen to what they are telling you about what’s going on inside. If they are negative or uncomfortable, what thoughts, beliefs or stories are they pointing to that may need changing or releasing?
Expressing your feelings rather than denying or repressing them brings healing and release. By this I don’t mean wallowing in them or giving them undue attention if they don’t serve you (i.e. nip that self-pity in the bud!), nor do I mean dumping them on another under the banner of being honest and authentic – take responsibility for your impact.
When it comes to emotions don’t skirt in the shallows; dive in deep, get wet, let their currents be fully felt.”
7. Meditate ~ Meditation has so many benefits, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and even physically, as science is now proving. Meditation allows the conscious ‘monkey mind’ to still, brings calm and clearer perspectives and dissipates negative energy, allowing stress to wash away as you come to centre and connect to more of what’s real – more of the true nature of your being and the loving voice of your Higher Self – the spiritual being that you really are.
Meditating creates an opportunity to raise your consciousness, connect to your heart, honour the sacred (in you, and the Source of All, whatever name you hold for that), and for your energy to renew, recharge and to ‘plug-in’ to higher awareness and clearer more balanced and loving perspectives.
8. Take Responsibility ~ Responsibility brings freedom and empowerment, and with that comes peace. It shifts you out of victim mode, blame and resentment, for example, all of which block inner peace. The more you take responsibility for your life, the better able you feel to change it.
When you blame and complain you remain the same; responsibility brings freedom and change.”
You create or allow your experience at some level, whether you are aware of that and the roots and whys or not.
Become aware of the thoughts, feelings, beliefs, attitudes and choices that are creating your reality. Take responsibility for them and choose those that serve you. Shift the gears of your focus from fear and problems to solutions and desired outcomes, from blame to gain, wounded to winner, falling to soaring.
One of the swiftest ways to empower your life is to start realizing that you are its author and get writing a new script!”
9. Know You Are Loved ~ You are loved by people in your world, by your Higher Self How much do you let that love in? You are also loved totally and unconditionally by the Source of Creation, whatever name you hold for that. If you don’t walk a spiritual path, imagine there is a part of you that loves you totally and unconditionally, beyond reasons and seasons. This love is available to you in any moment and requires only your willingness to receive. There is nothing you need do to win this love, and nothing you can do to lose it. Open and allow this love in; the love that wants to be given in every moment. With that will come great peace.
Start by allowing in the possibility that you are loved totally and unconditionally right now, just as you are. You are loved more than you will ever know, in ways beyond that which you may be able to even currently comprehend.
Opening to the love that is always there for you helps you experience more of your true value, worth and inherent deserving, dissolves fear and heals pain of separation.
You are loved beyond reasons, you are loved beyond seasons, unconditionally, eternally, you are loved. “
10. Love, Love, Love! ~ Love yourself and others. There may be times this is easier than others – make it an overriding intention. On a path to love you may need to process what’s in the way of that love – pain, fear, sorrow, etc. Accept yourself wherever you’re at. Then affirm your willingness and permission to love yourself and others. There may be some people you choose to love from a distance, yet that love is still a valuable energy nonetheless.
The beauty with love is, whether near or far, you can love from wherever you are.”
Love lies at the heart of all that you seek, and separation from it at the root of your troubles and pain. Let love be a guiding light in your life that will steer your ship back to the shores of peace, happiness and joy. We all love to love and be loved. It doesn’t get better than that!
Copyright © 2014 – Aine Belton. Aine Belton is a visionary transformation expert, writer, speaker and facilitator in the spiritual fields. Having found love to be the most potent healer in her own life and that of others’ she launched the Global Love Project and its various initiatives as platforms and opportunities for opening to and celebrating humanitarian love. You can read a collection of Aine Belton’s articles at: www.globalloveproject.com/articles-by-aine-belton. The Global Love Project is a platform for honoring and celebrating humanitarian love, with numerous facets, initiatives, free resources, inspiration and events.
Larry James is a professional speaker, author, relationship coach and an award winning nondenominational Wedding Officiant. He performs the most “Romantic” wedding ceremony you will find anywhere. Something NEW about relationships is posted every 4th day on this Relationships BLOG.
NOTE: All articles and “LoveNotes” listed in this BLOG – written by Larry James – are available for reprint in magazines, periodicals, newsletters, newspapers, eZINEs, on the Internet or on your own Website. Click here for details.
Add Larry James as a “friend” to your Facebook page: http://www.Facebook.com/larry.james
Follow Larry’s “once daily” Relationship Tweet at: http://www.Twitter.com/larryjames
Follow Larry’s “Wedding BLOG” at: http://CelebrateIntimateWeddings.wordpress.com
Follow Larry’s “Networking BLOG” at: http://NetworkingHQ.wordpress.com
Follow Larry’s “Author and Speakers BLOG” at: http://AuthorsandSpeakersNetwork.wordpress.com