Lindsay Kriger, Guest Author
Many times we love someone but we aren’t sure if they are the right one for us. Love can be super confusing! If we want to be in a loving relationship, we must start by being loving to ourselves.
“Some of the biggest challenges in relationships come from the fact that most people enter a relationship in order to get something. They’re trying to find someone who’s going to make them feel good. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take.” ~ Anthony Robbins
Here are 6 questions to help you figure out whether you are spending time with someone who is a future soul mate or not.
1. Is he a happy person? – Some quick ways you can sense if he’s a happy person is to ask yourself these questions:
a. Does he love himself?
b. Does he love what he does for a living?
c. Is he still in love with an ex?
d. Does he love the direction his life is heading?
e. Does he drink too much alcohol to escape his feelings?
“When you struggle with your partner, you are struggling with yourself. Every fault you see in them touches a denied weakness in yourself.” ~ Deepak Chopra
Know this now: One of the secrets of a happy relationship is to be with someone who is HAPPY. If they’re not happy, then their lens on you will be negative – and/or they will be too codependent on you to create a healthyful relationship.
2. Does he want the same kind of relationship as you do? – If you both aren’t eager for marriage – then you’re a good match. But if one of you is eager and the other is not – then you’re not a good match – even if you are compatible on a day to day basis. You want to find a partner who shares your same vision of expectations for the relationship.
3. Would you want to hang out with this person? – Good looks fade – but a bad personality is forever. A good relationship needs both a strong mind and strong body connection.
4. Do you like the smell of his skin and the feel of his arms around you? – Love making is important to keeping a relationship fueled and moving forward – but another thing to look for is like the smell of their skin – the feel of their arms around you. I’ve found that a really strong soul connection is deeper than just an orgasm thing. It’s loving the feeling of being curled up in bed with your partner.
5. Do you have a good laughter life? – A good laughter life is as important as a good sex life. A good laughter life together will get you through the tough times.
6. Do you share the same character values? – A lot of what makes for conflict in a relationship is when people have different core values on key issues like money, fidelity, communication, truth telling, generosity, the roles men and women play, etc…
Copyright © 2012 – Lindsay Kriger. Lindsay is currently working on a book to help young women with relationship skills at a younger age, and she is writing about a wide range of topics- from dating, to self-esteem and boundaries and you can discover more about her by visiting to her personal website www.ifonlyiknew.tv. Check out Lindsey’s book!
Larry James is a professional speaker, author, relationship coach and an award winning nondenominational Wedding Officiant. He performs the most “Romantic” wedding ceremony you will find anywhere. Something NEW about relationships is posted every 4th day on this Relationships BLOG.
NOTE: All articles and “LoveNotes” listed in this BLOG – written by Larry James – are available for reprint in magazines, periodicals, newsletters, newspapers, eZINEs, on the Internet or on your own Website. Click here for details.
Add Larry James as a “friend” to your Facebook page: http://www.Facebook.com/larry.james
Follow Larry’s “once daily” Relationship Tweet at: http://www.Twitter.com/larryjames
Follow Larry’s “Wedding BLOG” at: http://CelebrateIntimateWeddings.wordpress.com
Follow Larry’s “Networking BLOG” at: http://NetworkingHQ.wordpress.com